Results - BESTUFS II
The national seminars are organised by the BESTUFS partners in most of the European and some additional countries worldwide. The results and presentations of the seminars are publicly available.
BESTUFS Good Practice Guide in 17 languages [read more]
The BESTUFS Good Practice Guide is an consolidated handbook containing
- typical figures,
- summarised knowledge and
- best practice
for all stakeholders involved in urban freight transport
Policy and research recommendations [read more]
Within the policy and research recommendations different thematic focuses (e.g. Urban freight platforms, Night delivery) are dealt with following the different topics of the BESTUFS workshops held. For each thematic area
- definitions are given
- the current status is summarized,
- tendencies and developments are shown and
- conclusions and recommendations are given.
Best Practice Handbooks [read more]
The Best Practice Handbooks are collections of good practice examples from all over Europe. Related to the specific thematic area (e.g. E-commerce and urban freight distribution, Road pricing and urban freight transport)
- definitions and general framework conditions,
- a country overview,
- detailed information about case studies (project-level),
- conclusions and recommendations
Data collection, modelling approaches and application fields for urban commercial transport models [read more]
Within this BESTUFS working field
- a platform for the exchange of experts and practitioners is provided,
- harmonisation and standardisation of data collection methods is aimed at and
- best practice reports including different data collection approaches, transport models and transport modelling use cases are derived.
Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovene, Spanish and Swedish.
Quantification of Urban Freight Transport Effects [read more]
Within this BESTUFS working field facts and effects with regard to urban freight transport are collected and presented including:
- The Role of urban freight transport in the context of the whole urban traffic
- External effects of urban freight transport: noise, air pollution, accidents, etc.
- Contributions to EC policy objectives of changes in urban freight transport
- Expectable average impacts of typical best practice scenarios